Halftime draws to a close and you hear “there they are ladies and gentlemen, the West Fork High School Tiger Marching band” over the loud speakers. The TMB has just finished another exciting performance and has given its all in providing showcase entertainment for our greatest fans. You can be proud of our high school band, a perennial winner of the prestigious ASBOA Sweepstakes Award.
To execute a successful halftime performance each member must focus on many things at once. Marching band is a true testimony of the mental agility of a high school student. Support them with your applause and cheers. Listen for soloists and applaud whenever appropriate, keep your eyes on the drill and watch for all kinds of innovative marching maneuvers.
The West Fork band program exists to serve the following purposes:
- Provide the finest possible musical experience for all involved in the West Fork band program.
- Act as the official musical ambassadors for West Fork School, and the city of West Fork.
- Present quality entertainment to audiences at football games, basketball games, and marching contests.
- Perform musically sound wind band literature, allowing our musicians to develop an enjoyment and lifelong love for music.
- Act as a catalyst for overall school spirit in support of our football and basketball teams and as examples to other students by being involved in various activities, clubs, and leadership positions throughout the campus.
- Provide a solid training ground for all band students, particularly those who plan to continue their music making at the college or university level.